Non-Track Bonding Coat-41 is an environmentally friendly engineered emulsion for use as a non-tracking tack coat for paving operations. NTBC-41 is especially important for mill and fill and overlay paving operations. NTBC-41 promotes superior bonding between old and new pavement to prevent slippage between pavement layers. NTBC-41 adheres to sandy and dusty material that remains after the sweeping of a milled surface whereas traditional tackifiers do not. In addition, due to chemistry, an NTBC-41 treated surface will “re-activate” and bond with a subsequent overlay due to the thermal characteristic of the HMA layer.
NTBC-41 was developed as a non-tracking tackifier to expedite the early return to traffic. NTBC-41 replaces the need for slow setting emulsions (SS-1, SS-1h, CSS-1 and CSS-1h) and rapid- setting emulsions such as RS-1, RS-2, CRS-1 and CRS-2VOC. All components of NTBC-41 are free of hazardous solvents and are not harmful to aquatic and mammal life.
Cost –Effective – Increased production with quick release to traffic Recognized – Used in California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon & Washington Proven – Field Tested by Oregon State University and Oregon DOT Approved
As a non-tracking tackifier NTBC-41 provides:
- Superior adhesion on many surface types including old HMA, new HMA, milled HMA and grooved Portland cement concrete
- Can be opened to traffic in significantly less time when compared to traditional tack coats
- Non-tracking and superior cohesion of dusty aggregates which can significantly limit windshield damage after opened to traffic
- Increase safety and work environment since product contains no VOCs or elevated temperature material
All components of Earthbind® are considered to be:
- Free of hazardous solvents
- Non-corrosive to metal
- Not harmful to aquatic and mammal life
- Not carcinogenic
Contact EnviRoad® today to learn more!